DOULA JENN BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
Doula Jenn birth doula service’s mission is to equip and support women to achieve the pregnancy, birth experience and postpartum recovery of each client’s dream. Therefore, I take an individualized care plan approach with each client as I understand that birth is not one size fits all.
If you are in Northern Virginia and the D.C. Metro area, I can support your birth experience. I have supported home births, birth centers and all the area hospitals.
I provide perspective and encouragement before, during, and after birth. As your doula, my role is to tailor care that promotes the well being of the mother, baby, and birth partner throughout the birthing process.
I have supported epidural births, unmedicated births, inductions and everything in-between. I have attended water births, high risk births, premature deliveries, VBACs (including a VBA3C), preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, IUGR, stillbirths, “advanced maternal age” and LGBTQP Families. I also have experience in supporting teens and singles.
My goals as your doula are:
- Encourage you
- Remind you that your body was made to give birth and that you are capable of it
- Lift your spirits up when you’re feeling overwhelmed
- Encourage movement and position changes to help labor progress and help it be less painful
- Answer any questions you have about procedures or medications
- Work as a collaborative team with you nurse, doctor and midwife
- Give hands on support through various comfort measures, including helping your partner know what to do and how to do it
- Most of all, to allow you every opportunity to achieve the birth you’ve dreamed of.
What is a Doula?
The word doula comes from the Greek language meaning “woman servant.” Today we use the name doula as a “woman caregiver.” A birth doula provides continuous support to the laboring woman and her partner.
Before labor, the doula will meet with the mother and partner to get to know them better and help navigate the birth, discuss birth wishes, and answer any questions they may have about the birth.
Once in labor, the birth doula can discuss medical recommendations, offer options and support you in your decisions. A birth doula encourages relaxation, position changes, pain management and comfort measures to decrease the discomforts of labor where possible.
Most birth doula services include a postpartum visit to discuss physical and emotional healing, assess and offer help with breastfeeding and newborn care.
Doula Jenn Services Include
- Free consultation to go over my contract and get to know each other.
- Depending on the contract selection, 2 prenatal visits to go over birth wishes, what to expect in the birth and comfort measures the partner can use to assist the birthing mother.
- Designated back-up doula support for all clients whom you can do a phone or video consult with.
- “On call” support beginning at contract signing and continuing until delivery.
- Unlimited text/phone/email support throughout pregnancy.
- Continuous labor support when you feel like you’re ready to have a doula.
- Postpartum visit to go over your birth, help with any newborn questions or problems you’re having and give breastfeeding support. At the visit I will bring along the birth notes and a superbill to use towards insurance reimbursement.
- Breastfeeding support and referrals if needed.
I can discuss medical recommendations and options, and then I will act as an advocate for your decisions. I will also encourage relaxation, position changes, pain management and comfort measures to decrease the discomforts of labor where possible.
The fee for doula services is $1350 (with two prenatal vists, $1250 with one prenatal visit) and can be paid in installments or in full via cash, check or credit card. An insurance receipt is given to all clients at their postpartum visit along with birth notes.
For experienced parents or mother’s actively in labor looking for birth doula services only my fee is $1100. If you’re having a planned cesarean I offer cesarean support for $1100.